At Floor Coverings International NW Dallas, we carry hundreds of hardwood options, from common domestic varieties like white oak or maple to exotic hardwoods. One of the most common exotics—second in popularity only to Brazilian cherry—is mahogany. This gorgeous hardwood is popular with Carrollton homeowners who are looking for flooring that makes a lasting impression. Read on for more information about this unique hardwood.
Mahogany has a long history in the United States. Traditionally, it was used furniture, musical instruments, paneling, and even boats. If you have mahogany in your home from before World War Two, it is West Indian mahogany. This variety is native to Florida and the Caribbean but is no longer commercially sold because of its endangered status. Today, most commercially grown mahogany is Honduran mahogany, which is grown from Mexico, through Central America, to Brazil.
Look and Feel
It’s hard to capture mahogany’s warmth and brightness with words. Our Carrollton customers choose it because of its distinct wavy graining and coloration. Mahogany is a darker hardwood with colors ranging from medium to dark brown with subtle orange undertones. With time and exposure to light, the color of mahogany hardwood will “stabilize” over the course of about three months.
With a Janka hardness rating of 2,200, it’s tough to find a stronger hardwood than mahogany. Resistant to dings and scratches, this exotic hardwood is ideal for high traffic areas in the home or for families with pets. With minimal maintenance, it will surely last for generations.
For More Information
At Floor Coverings International NW Dallas, we are dedicated to help you find the perfect hardwood for your home. We are a full service flooring provider, from design to purchase to installation. What we are most known for is our complimentary in-home consultations. Simple give us a call to schedule an appointment with one of our design specialists and find your dream floors today!
You Might Also Enjoy:
- Benefits of Hardwood Flooring in Carrollton
- Carrollton Wood Floor Basics
- Cherry Floors in Carrollton
- Engineered Hardwood Flooring in Carrollton
- Hand Scraped Hardwood Flooring
- Hardwood Flooring Store for Carrollton, Irving, and Beyond
- Hickory Flooring Info for Carrollton
- Maple Hardwood Flooring for Carrollton, Irving, and Beyond
- Plank Hardwood Flooring
- Prefinished Hardwood Flooring in Carrollton
- Red Oak Hardwood Flooring in Carrollton
- Solid Hardwood Flooring for Carrollton, Irving, & Beyond
- Walnut Flooring for Irving, Carrollton, and Beyond
- White Oak Hardwood Flooring in Carrollton
Photo © osobystist